House of Cards rises again, Will Ferrell plays bingo and one lippy TV anchor man signs off and another dons his pyjamas
‘Tis the season to be jolly – and we’ve got a merry selection of videos this week to put you in the holiday mood. There’s been a big increase in the number of people who have stopped sending expensive Christmas cards this year and turned to video instead to express their greetings. Former WNCN anchor Penn Holderness, and his wife, the actress Kim Holderness, couldn’t resist putting on their Christmas jammies for a rap video, which also features their children, Lola and Penn Charles. Penn has just left his job to join forces with Kim to start a production company in Raleigh, North Carolina. With more than 3 million people viewing their Christmas effort on YouTube, it could be the best business ad they will ever make.
If that was a good day at the office for the Holderness family, KSN Wichita anchor Justin Kraemer had his worst one. Justin got the sack after turning into Ron Burgundy when he signed off at the end of the news on Saturday evening. Listen to what he says as the closing credits roll … (Caution: contains un-Christmassy language)
Ron Burgundy fans will want to catch Will Ferrell playing Innuendo Bingo with Chris Stark during the Scott Mills Show on Radio 1. And for more laughs, see our compilation of dogs who are too scared to walk past cats.
Scary Frank Underwood is back in February as Kevin Spacey reprises his role in series two of House of Cards. Underwood has masterfully maneuvered his way into the vice presidency, but faces plenty of challenges as investigative reporter Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) gets closer to the truth about Frank and Peter Russo (Corey Stoll). We’ve also got an extended trailer for the Christmas Day episode of Doctor Who and the new Planet of the Apes movie. Nigella Lawson is back on our screens soon, so enjoy a taster for her new cookery show on Channel 4. Finally if you’re a fan of musical divas, don’t miss Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera performing together live on the US version of The Voice. It’s a belter.
Mantosh Viral Video Chart. Compiled by Unruly Media and jingle belled by Janette
1. #Xmas Jammies – Merry Christmas from the Holderness Family!
2.KSN Wichita News Anchor Justin Kraemer: “Let’s Get The Fu*k Out Of Here”
Signing off, signing on
5.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Official Trailer | 20th Century FOX
6.You Shall Not Pass, Dog
Puss in cahoots
7. The Taste | Starts 7th January | Channel 4
8.Google Zeitgeist – 2013 in Searches
It all clicks
9. Will Ferrell Innuendo Bingo
Source: Viral Video Chart. Compiled from data gathered at 14:00 on 19 December 2013. The Viral Video Chart is currently based on a count of the embedded videos and links on approximately 2m blogs, as well as Facebook and Twitter.
Posted By Mantosh Pal
- Viral Video Chart: Kevin Spacey, Lady Gaga and Nigella Lawson (theguardian.com)
- Nigella Lawson ‘never made mince pies or yule logs at home’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Nigella Lawson cocaine use will be subject to police review after all (justalinkthatmademethink.wordpress.com)
- Looks Like There’s No Christmas Cooking From Nigella Lawson This Year (kogogoontheroll.wordpress.com)
- Nigella Lawson Faces Cocaine Investigation (webpronews.com)
- Nigella Lawson aides trial: five things you may have missed (telegraph.co.uk)
- Bouncing back: Nigella Lawson appears in a provocative Channel 4 trailer for The Taste (independent.co.uk)
- Oprah Winfrey to Sit Down With Nigella Lawson for Tell All? (guardianlv.com)