New Delhi, Nov.26 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Tuesday said India has handed over all evidence required in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case, while expressing confidence about Pakistan promptly bringing perpetrators of the terror attack to justice.
“We have been telling Pakistan that they should take action quickly. That is why we have allowed their judicial committee to come to Mumbai, and our judicial committee had also gone to Pakistan. I think they have taken note of it, and they will do the needful quickly. We have given all the proof that was required in this case,” he told media here today.
Earlier on October 10, Shinde confirmed the visit of the Pakistani Judicial Commission in the country, and said that they had conducted their cross examination in the case.
“The Judicial Commission from Pakistan visited Mumbai from 23-25 September, 2013 for cross examination and re-examination of the four prosecution witness in India in respect of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case in Pakistan,” Shinde said.
An eight-member Pakistani judicial commission team arrived in India in September to conduct the much-delayed cross-examination of witnesses in the 2008 Mumbai attacks,
The Mumbai attacks were twelve coordinated shooting and bombing attacks across Mumbai, by members of Lashkar-e-Taiba.
On November 26, 2008, Ajmal Amir Kasab and nine other heavily-armed gunmen, who arrived in India by sea, attacked various places, including the Taj Mahal Hotel, Nariman House, Oberoi Hotel and Mumbai CST railway station, killing 166 people and injuring several others
Kasab, the only attacker who was captured alive, later confessed upon interrogation that the attacks were conducted with the support of Pakistan’s ISI.
He was hanged on November 21, 2012 and buried at Yerwada Jail in Pune. (ANI)
Posted By Mantosh Pal